Geneva History Center wins grant
Beacon-News staff May 3, 2011 4:54PM
Updated: September 24, 2012 6:25AM
The Geneva History Center has been awarded $15,000 from the Kane County Riverboat Fund to buy new equipment and software to allow for access to historical documents and artifacts.
The project also includes the acquisition of two museum-quality cases to be used in the history center’s exhibition galleries.
First organized in 1943, the Geneva History Center has evolved into a facility with increased programming for all ages.
The institution’s collection has grown from a handful of historical items to more than 10,000 artifacts and 3,400 cubic feet of documents covering the history of Geneva.