Weather Updates

Former North Auroran guilty of child sex assault

Updated: February 7, 2013 6:35AM

A former North Aurora resident was found guilty Friday of sexually assaulting his foster child.

Darrell E. Beck, 46, of Champaign, was found guilty in Kane County Court of one count of predatory criminal sexual assault, a Class X felony.

According to prosecutors, between Oct. 24, 2006, and June 26, 2007, Beck had sexual contact with a boy who was younger than 13.

The assault took place at Beck’s North Aurora home when Beck was a foster parent to the child.

Beck will be sentenced March 7. He faces a sentence of six to 30 years in prison.

The case was investigated by the Kane County Child Advocacy Center.


Justin Gribble, 22, 0-99 block of Bereman Road, Montgomery, was charged with felonies armed violence, aggravated battery causing great bodily harm and aggravated battery at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Aurora, Aurora police said.

An Aurora woman was injured in a three-car crash at 9:55 a.m. Thursday near Eola Road and Liberty Street, police said. Ana Lawrence, of the 200 block of Laurel Drive, was hospitalized after she hit two cars and a utility pole, police said. A condition report was not available. Lawrence may have had medical issue that caused the crash, police said. No tickets were issued.


A business in the 300 block of Kendall Point Drive reported a snow plow stolen early Saturday morning, Oswego police said. An estimate of the value of the loss was not available.

Jonathan Joyce, 49, of the 600 block of Manhattan Circle, Oswego, was charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident after a two-vehicle collision Saturday afternoon at Mill Road and Route 31, Oswego police said. One driver reported injuries but was not transported to the hospital, police said.

St. Charles

No one was injured in a fire last week at a St. Charles factory. St. Charles firefighters were called at 12:34 p.m. Thursday to Pactiv Corp., after employees saw a fire in part of the ceiling in the factory at 315 S. Kirk Road. Firefighters said flames were coming from the area of the bar joists supporting the roof in the manufacturing area. The fire was brought under control in about 30 minutes. The cause of the fire remained under investigation but was not considered suspicious. All employees were able to evacuate safely.

© 2014 Sun-Times Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied or distributed without permission. For more information about reprints and permissions, visit To order a reprint of this article, click here.