No injuries in Aurora house fire
Beacon-News Staff February 21, 2014 2:04PM
Updated: February 23, 2014 2:48AM
No one was injured Thursday afternoon after a fire broke out in the kitchen of an Aurora home.
Firefighters responded to the home, in the 700 block of Gillette Avenue, around 3:10 p.m. and found the fire had extended to the home’s attic. It took five fire companies to fight the blaze, which caused $10,000 in damage, fire officials said.
The homeowner told firefighters that he was “sweating” pipes and left his home. He returned an hour later to find the home on fire.