Teacher burned in Fox Valley Career Center accident home from hospital
By Linda Girardi For Sun-Times Media September 13, 2013 11:25AM
Updated: October 16, 2013 6:39AM
A Fox Valley Career Center instructor burned in an accidental gas engine fire in an auto shop on Tuesday has been released from the hospital.
Clay Hansen, an auto technology instructor at the school in Maple Park, was taken to a burn unit Tuesday by a Lifestar Chicago helicopter after the incident.
“Mr. Hansen is now at home recovering and will return to the classroom as soon as he is able,” Superintendent Jeff Schuler said.
Schuler said no students were harmed in the fire.
Paramedics were called shortly after 9 a.m. Tuesday to respond to an accident in the auto shop. The first responders determined the teacher should be taken to a hospital burn unit.
The Fox Valley Career Center is a multi-jurisdictional career and technical training program located on the Kaneland High School campus in Maple Park.