Overheated fan clears Geneva High School
Beacon-News Staff August 22, 2013 4:18PM
Updated: September 24, 2013 6:33AM
Geneva High School was evacuated at around 2 p.m. Thursday after smoke from an overheating fan caused fire alarms to activate.
Officials said that a power outage caused the fan to overheat, and create smoke in a dance studio at the school.
Students and staff were safely evacuated while the Geneva Fire Department checked out the building.
About 30 minutes after the evacuation, it was determined that the conditions were safe, and students were allowed back inside to retrieve their things. Students were dismissed at the normal time.
School will be open as normal on Friday.