Pablo Macias, formerly of Aurora, was sentenced to 18 years in prison for sexually assaulting a young girl.
Updated: November 30, 2012 11:10AM
A former Aurora man has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for repeatedly having sexual contact with a young girl.
On Thursday, Pablo Macias, 38, of West Chicago, and previously of the 300 block of North Avenue, Aurora, was sentenced after pleading guilty to felony predatory criminal sexual assault.
Between 2004 and 2007, Macias had sexual contact with a girl he knew was younger than 13, Kane County prosecutors said. The victim was 5-years-old when the sexual assaults began, prosecutors said.
The assaults took place at Macias’ former Aurora residence, prosecutors said.
When he is released from prison, Macias must register for life as a sex offender in accordance with the Illinois Sex Offender Registration Act.
“Acts such as these ... not only rob children of their innocence but they lead to permanent emotional scarring that inhibits children from becoming productive adults. The wounds left are deep and long lasting,” Kane County State’s Attorney Joe McMahon said. “This victim deserves great credit for having the courage to tell her story and for believing that we would listen.”